Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Journey To Remember - Episode 12

Here is the next episode of the story. To read the previous part Click here


Prologue:


A conversation from 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'

Charlie: Why do nice people choose the wrong people to date?


Bill: We accept the love we think we deserve.


Charlie: Can we make them know they deserve more?


Bill: We can try.


*****************************

You are the only one i ever wanted!

I took a long bath,wore my favorite clothes, stuffed few things in my travel bag,borrowed some money from my friend and started towards the girls hostel. I knew, this wasn't a date but I ensured that I was going to make Shreya happy. I wanted to make every single moment count.

"At ur hostel entrance.... come fast" - I texted her.

She rushed to the entrance and said,"Hi. Lets go!"

I told her,"We'll have breakfast and then leave"

She asked, "Ok. We'll have food at Bites. But where are we going after that?"

I replied,"You'll get to know."

Bites was a restaurant in the outskirts of the city which served the best bread pakodas in the world. Obviously, we had bread pakoda for the breakfast.

There wasn't much talk happening. It still felt like we were in the hangover of that incident.

"How did your exams go?", she broke the silence.

"Not bad." I replied.

It isn't the best choice to deliver emotional dialogues while you are riding a bike at 80Km/hr. So i kept quiet.

We were infront of Devil's canyon trekking camp.

"We are going to trek and spend sometime near a waterfalls.", I parked the vehicle near the checkpost. 

"Ok.", she was confused.

I know, it was totally stupid of me to trek with a girl. It was neither romantic nor endearing. But Shreya loved trekking and that is what mattered the most.

"Shreya,I'm so sorry!", I said in a faint tone.

"You need not ask me sorry. I know, something very disturbing has happened. Everything will be fine. Can't we just stop talking about that for a while.", she pleaded me.

After an hour of hiking we were in front of a beautiful water falls. It was a visual treat, but my heart wasn't willing to agree with my eyes. I wasn't happy, deep inside.

"Shreya, so what are your future plans?" I questioned her. 

"I'm not sure. Probably I'll start working in Sid's company till my parents talk about my marriage. Once the marriage issue comes up, I'll fight and try to convince them about Sid. If not possible, I'll elope with him", she giggled. 

"Hmmm. That makes sense", I said.

Next was Shreya's choice and she took me to a theater. Unlike the theaters near our college which played a movie after an year of its release, Jab We Met was being shown here. I liked Kareena and she loved Shahid. 

"I booked the tickets yesterday. Show starts at 2:30. We'll roam the mall and have lunch at the food court, by the show starts", she ordered.

" Don't hurt yourself anymore. I care for you but I don't love you, i mean, the way you want me to.", she stuffed the parathas and was enjoying the food.

I nodded.

"You deserve the best in this world. And I'm certainly not the best", she explained.

"Not everytime you want the best in this world. That's the problem", I replied.

"Don't be stupid.Try to be pragmatic and move on with your life", she advised.

Jab We Met was truly an awesome movie. The movie just showed what was happening in our lives though we weren't sure about our climax.

"Awesome movie. Kareena was so dumb. I wish, girls were more sensible in making decisions", I giggled.

"Stop being super funny. You aren't Shahid Kapoor and I'm not Kareena. It was just a MOVIE", she was pissed off.

I took her to the Chat street, where we have too many stalls serving the best chats. We had Dhai Poori, Pav Bhaaji and Kachori

It was coffee-time (She called it Tea-time). Shreya was sipping from a hot cup of tea when i said, "I wish, we were just friends. I could hang out with you, tell stories, do stupid things, listen to you and be happy."

"We haven't died yet. Nothing really has happened, actually. We can still be the same.", she (tried to) convinced me.


"I guess, NO", I replied.

Thanks for your time. Drop a comment and let me know how you felt.


To get the update of my posts and to follow me, click on "Join this site" button on the top left corner of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment